Bonnet Springs Park is looking for a new team member.
Bonnet Springs Park (BSP)
JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
JOB SUMMARY: Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Hours may vary based on candidate’s availability). Some Nights and Weekends
COMPENSATION: Hourly pay, 40 hours/week.
The duties of the Development Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Acquires, grows, and maintains ongoing relationships with major donors and corporate sponsors
- Creates and executes a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Develops and tracks proposals and reports for all fundraising
- Receives all donated monies and manages data entry of donors and gift processing in CRM
- Manages donor recognition by accurately maintaining recognition information and implementing updates/additions to recognition in publications. Utilizes best practices to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of corporate donors.
- Serves as the development database administrator, manages moves, input, and reports that allow the organization to assess progress.
- Research applicable grants
- Prepare and execute grant applications and follow-up reports as required
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate sponsorships
- Assist in plans and executes BSP donor and fundraising events
- Provides on-site logistical support for all development-related events, and other fundraising activities, including but not limited to determining appropriate announcements and raffle items to promote, managing the guest list, managing the silent auction check out, managing all aspects of guest registration.
- Coordinates list development and invitations for VIP events, reaches out to potential VIP’s, makes follow-up calls, and prepares any event materials needed.
- Responsible for all corporate recognition and deliverables for special events.
- Prepares routine correspondence for mailings including, thank you letters, announcements to community
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
- Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow-up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to work with confidential data.
- Previous fundraising, development, and grant writing/research experience strongly preferred
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work flexible hours/schedule that occasionally includes Sundays, early mornings, or evening hours.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Application Procedure: Send a cover letter, resume, professional writing sample, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Remember to include the specific job for which you are applying in the cover letter portion of your application, i.e., “Development Coordinator.”